Changing Tides of History:
Cruising the Baltic Sea
featuring President Mikhail Gorbachev and
President Lech Walesa
June 4 - 15, 2012 SOLD OUT!
Experience the cultural rebirth of the Baltic States and the magnificent imperial riches of St. Petersburg on this 10-night program, cruising for 8 nights under the spectacular "White Nights of Summer" aboard the exclusively chartered, M.S. Diamant. By special arrangement, enjoy a rare opportunity to hear enriching speeches by former President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev and former President of Poland Lech Walesa. Spend one night in the cosmopolitan Swedish capital of Stockholm, then, in the tradition of ancient Viking mariners, sail across the Baltic Sea.To discover the stunning architecture of Helsinki, Finland, and Copenhagen, Denmark; revel in the medieval charms of Tallinn, Estonia, and Riga, Latvia; and immerse yourself in the cultural renaissance of Gdansk, Poland. This enlightening cruise features one night in regal St. Petersburg including an early-opening tour of the world-acclaimed State Hermitage Museum and a visit to the Peter and Paul Fortress.
Back to the top »
(please click on location to reveal details)
Back to the top »
| Day ||Date|| Destination|
| 1 || June 4 || Depart from the U.S. or Canada |
|| June 5 ||Stockholm, Sweden |
|| June 6 || Stockholm/Embark M.S. LE DIAMANT |
|| June 7 || Helsinki, Finland|
|| June 8 || St. Petersburg, Russia |
|| June 9 ||St. Petersburg |
|| June 10 || Tallinn, Estonia |
|| June 11 ||At Sea |
|| June 12 || Riga, Lativa |
|| June 13 ||Gdansk, Poland |
|| June 14 || Copenhagen, Denmark/ Disembark M.S. LE DIAMANT |
|| June 15 || Copenhagen/return to the U.S.|
Cost and Program Inclusions
From approximately $5,995 plus international air
Activity Level: Moderately Active
- Enjoy a rare opportunity to meet two former world leaders:
Former President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev.
Former President of Poland Lech Walesa.
- Immerse yourself in the historical and cultural riches of the Baltic States on this enlightening 10-night cruise during the fabled "White Nights of Summer."
- Enjoy spacious and deluxe outside accommodations aboard the exclusively chartered M.S. LE BORÉAL, an intimate vessel that set unprecedented standards in elegance and comfort when it launched in 2010.
- Enjoy and orientation tour in Stockholm, including visits to City Hall and the Vasa Warship Museum.
- Enjoy an excursion in Helsinki, highlighted by a visit to Temppeliaukio Church, a private concert at the Sibelius Academy, and a drive along the old fortifications of Suomenlinna, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Admire one of the world's greatest collections of fine art during a special early-opening tour of the Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg.
- Visit St. Petersburg's first building, the Peter and Paul Fortress, and its impressive Baroque Cathedral, burial place of Russia's czars from Peter the Great to Nicholas II.
- Explore the historic and medieval quarters on a walking tour of Tallinn, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Discover the beauty of Riga, a UNESCO World Heritage site during an architectural tour.
- Tour of the historic port of Gda´nsk
- See Copenhagen's stunning architecture during an exclusive city tour and canal cruise.
Specially arranged speeches with question-and-answer time by former President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev and former President of Poland Lech Walesa.
- One night in the deluxe SHERATON STOCKHOLM.
- City orientation tour, with visits to City Hall and the Vasa Warship Museum.
- Exclusive lunch and reception in the hotel.
ON BOARD THE EXCLUSIVELY CHARTERED, DELUXE M.S. LE DIAMANT
- 8-night cruise from Stockholm, Sweden, to Bergen, Norway, with port calls in Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Riga, Latvia; Gda´nsk, Poland; and Copenhagen, Denmark;.
- Spacious and elegant outside accommodations with private bathroom and individual climate control.
- Captain's welcome and farewell receptions.
- All meals while on onboard the Le Diamant—Continental breakfast, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner —throughout the cruise, featuring fine international and regional cuisine, served at single, unassigned seatings.
- Complimentary house wine, beer, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee and tea served with lunch and dinner.
- Excursion in Helsinki, highlighted by a visit to Temppeliaukio Church, a private concert at the Sibelius Academy, and a drive along the old fortifications of Suomenlinna, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- City tour of St. Petersburg, a UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring a visit to the Peter and Paul Fortress, the city's oldest structure and final resting place of Russian czars, from Peter the Great to Nicholas II.
- Specially arranged, early entry to the world-renowned State Hermitage Museum.
- Walking tour of Tallinn's historic and medieval quarters, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Architectural tour of Riga, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Tour of the historic Polish port of Gda´nsk.
- Copenhagen city tour and canal cruise.
ENHANCED TRAVEL SERVICES
Back to the top »
- All transfers and luggage handling abroad for all participants who have purchased their air tickets through Gohagan & Company and whose arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined in the itinerary, led by experienced, English-speaking local guides.
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Experienced Travel Directors to accompany you throughout the travel program.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre-departure information.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
M.S. Le Diamant
The M.S. Le Diamant is a rare find – an oceangoing vessel that combines the deluxe amenities and superior standards offered aboard a larger ship with the intimate charm and enhance navigability of a yacht. Distinguished by its intimate, casual ambiance and personal attentive service, this exceptional vessel is continually refurbished to ensure that the highest standards of comfort and elegance are maintained.
All 113 spacious, outside staterooms or suites (ranging in size from 183 sq. ft. to 398 sq. ft.) are tastefully appointed and feature two lower twin beds that convert to one queen bed upon request, a private bathroom with shower (some staterooms have bathtubs and showers), air conditioning, telephone, television, DVD, minibar, double full-length closets, two night-stands, desk, hair dryer, duvets and plush terry cloth robes.
Continental breakfast, buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and late-evening snack are served daily in single, unassigned seatings. The Restaurant Iles de France offers innovative continental fare in a relaxed setting. Guests may reserve a table at L'Escapade restaurant for a more intimate evening dining. Complimentary house wine, beer, soft drinks, mineral water, coffee and tea are served at lunch and dinner. Room service is also available.
The ship has three lounges, where nightly entertainment includes a cabaret performance and live music. Additionally, the ship has a library, boutique, fitness center and hair salon. A certified physician and masseur are on board. There are two elevators that provide access to all passenger decks.
Nationality of Officers and Crew: European (140)
Number of Cabins: 113
Length: 410 feet
Width: 52 feet
Back to the top »