Waterways of Russia
Aboard the Exclusively Chartered Deluxe M.S. Volga Dream
August 26 - September 5, 2015
Join us as we enjoy time in Russia’s two great cultural capitals on this carefully crafted itinerary—spend one night aboard ship in the fabled city of Moscow, the political and commercial capital of the world’s largest country, see the world’s largest collection of Fabergé eggs, and spend two nights aboard ship in St. Petersburg, czar Peter the Great’s “window on the West,” with a special early-opening tour of the State Hermitage Museum. Cruise through the heartland of Mother Russia along scenic rivers, lakes and canals to tenth-century Uglich, medieval Yaroslavl, the 14th-century monastery of Goritsy and the legendary open-air museum of Kizhi Island, rustic remnants of Old Russia. This unique and always popular program will appeal not only to the first-time visitor to Russia, but also to the return visitor curious to see the astounding changes that have taken place in Russia’s two largest and most important cities. Our trip will be one the exclusively chartered, deluxe M.S. VOLGA DREAM, the premier ship cruising Russia’s waterways.
Back to the top »
(please click on location to reveal details)
Back to the top »
|Day 1 ||Depart from the U.S. or Canada |
| Day 2|| St. Petersburg, Russia/Embark M.S.Volga Dream|
| Day 3|| St. Petersburg |
| Day 4|| St. Petersburg|
| Day 5|| Cruising/Mandrogi|
| Day 6|| Kizhi Island|
| Day 7|| Goritsy |
| Day 8|| Yaroslavl|
| Day 9|| Uglich |
| Day 10|| Moscow|
| Day 11|| Moscow/Disembark ship/ return to the U.S.|
|*This itinerary also operates in the reverse direction.|
Cost and program Inclusions
- Cruise for nine nights aboard the deluxe M.S. VOLGA DREAM, the best vessel to cruise the waterways of Russia.
- Discover the timeless pageant that is Russia along the scenic rivers, lakes and canals that link its two largest and most important cities.
- Explore Moscow’s UNESCO World Heritage sites, including Red Square, St. Basil’s Cathedral and the State Armory Museum in the Kremlin, home of the world’s largest collection of Fabergé eggs.
- Enjoy ample time in St. Petersburg, a UNESCO World Heritage site, including St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the Peter and Paul Fortress, and a special early opening of the State Hermitage Museum.
- Travel through the Russian heartland, a countryside seemingly untouched by the 20th century, and visit traditional villages and onion-domed churches in Yaroslavl and Kizhi Island, both UNESCO World Heritage sites, as well as Uglich and Goritsy.
- Experience traditional Russian culture through a traditional Russian welcome reception, vodka tasting and a piano concert featuring the music of Tchaikovsky and a string quartet performance.
- Enjoy complimentary house wine and beer served with lunches and dinners on board the M.S. VOLGA DREAM.
ON BOARD THE EXCLUSIVLY CHARTERED M.S. VOLGA DREAM
- Nine-night cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg, including one night in Moscow and two nights in St. Petersburg, with port calls at Uglich, Yaroslavl, Goritsy, Kizhi Island and Mandrogi.
- Outside accommodations with private bathroom facilities and air conditioning.
- All meals—breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
- Complimentary house wine and beer served with lunch and dinner. Coffee and tea served with all meals.
- Traditional Russian welcome reception.
- Captain’s welcome and farewell receptions.
- Festive Russian vodka tasting.
- Evening entertainment including a piano concert featuring Tchaikovsky music and a string quartet concert.
- A Russian dinner featuring traditional culinary specialties.
- Tour of Moscow’s UNESCO World Heritage sites, including Red Square, St. Basil’s Cathedral and the Novodevichy Convent and Cemetery, which serves as the final resting place for many of Moscow’s most famous historical figures.
- Excursion to the State Armory Museum in the Kremlin, a UNESCO World Heritage site and home of the world’s largest collection of Fabergé eggs and other imperial treasures.
- Cruise along the Volga River, Lake Rybinskoye, the Sheksna River, Lake Beloye, Lake Onega, the Svir River, Lake Ladoga and the Neva River.
- Walking tour of Uglich, including a visit to the Church of St. Dimitri on the Blood.
- Tour of Yaroslavl, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Excursion to Goritsy’s Kirillov-Belozersk Monastery.
- Visit to the open-air museum of Kizhi Island, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Tour of St. Petersburg, a UNESCO World Heritage site, featuring St. Isaac’s Cathedral and the Peter and Paul Fortress.
- Specially arranged early opening tour of the State Hermitage Museum.
ENHANCED TRAVEL SERVICES
Back to the top »
- All transfers and luggage handling abroad for all participants who have purchased their international air tickets through Gohagan & Company and whose arrival(s)/departure(s) coincide with the scheduled group transfer(s).
- All excursions and visits, as outlined in the itinerary, led by experienced, English-speaking local guides.
- Gratuities for local guides and drivers on included excursions and transfers.
- Experienced Travel Director to accompany you throughout the travel program.
- Hospitality desk aboard the ship.
- Travel document wallet, name badge and pre-departure information.
- Automatic $250,000 flight insurance policy for each participant ticketed on flights by Gohagan & Company.
M.S. VOLGA DREAM
Without a doubt the most deluxe river ship cruising the waterways of Russia, the M.S. VOLGA DREAM sets the standard. With its meticulous design, elegant appointments and richly deserved reputation for impeccable service, the M.S. VOLGA DREAM affords guests a memorable experience.
All Cabins and Suites are outside and feature a wood- and marble-accented private bathroom, one queen bed or two twin beds, individual climate control, telephone, satellite television, safe, radio and plush robes. Most Cabins have a large picture window.
Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner are served in single, unassigned seatings in the dining room. Skilled chefs specialize in the preparation of savory continental and local cuisine. Complimentary house wine, beer and soft drinks accompany lunch and dinner.
The inviting lounge offers a well-stocked bar and panoramic windows, and the library features a selection of books, games and Internet access. Other shipboard amenities include a boutique, hair salon, fitness room and sauna. The full-length sun deck with teak planking and deck chairs recreates the ambiance of an oceangoing yacht.
Back to the top »