BRYN MAWR REVIEW OF COMPARATIVE LITERATURE
Volume 8, Number 1 (Fall 2009-Spring 2010)
The Frankfurt School and After:
- Gerhard Richter, Thought Images: Frankfurt School Writers' Reflections from Damaged Life.
Reviewed by Tania Roy, National University of Singapore.
- Amanda Anderson, The Way We Argue Now: A Study in the Cultures of Theory.
Reviewed by Robert J. Dostal, Bryn Mawr College.
- Geoffrey Hartman, A Scholar's Tale: Intellectual Journey of a Displaced Child of Europe.
Reviewed by Mimi Godfrey, Folger Shakespeare Library, Washington, DC.
- Jan Assmann, Of God and Gods: Egypt, Israel, and the Rise of Monotheism; The Price of Monotheism.
Reviewed by Richard J. Bernstein, New School for Social Research.
- Ian Baucom, Specters of the Atlantic: Finance Capital, Slavery, and the Philosophy of History.
Reviewed by Robin Blackburn, New School for Social Research; University of Essex, UK.
- Fredric Jameson, The Modernist Papers.
Reviewed by G. S. Sahota, University of California, Santa Cruz.
- William Gardner, Advertising Tower: Japanese Modernism and Modernity in the 1920s.
Reviewed by Kerim Yasar, Princeton University.
Poetry as Risk:
- Claire Chi-ah Lyu, A Sun within a Sun: The Power and Elegance of Poetry.
Reviewed by Jeanne Minahan McGinn, Curtis Institute of Music.