BRYN MAWR REVIEW OF COMPARATIVE LITERATURE
Volume 9, Number 1 (Spring 2011)
Thinking and Believing in Dark Times:
- Julia Kristeva, This Incredible Need to Believe.
Reviewed by Elaine P. Zickler, PhD, LCSW; Faculty, Psychoanalytic Center of Philadelphia.
Literary Criticism and Democracy:
- Lee Morrissey, The Constitution of Literature: Literacy, Democracy, and Early English Literary Criticism.
Reviewed by David Mazella, University of Houston.
The Dialectic between Work and Pleasure in Fiction:
- Carolyn Lesjak, Working Fictions: A Genealogy of the Victorian Novel.
Reviewed by Daniel Nisa Cáceres, Universidad de Sevilla.
Tropes of Translation--Mediation and Cross-Cultural Dialogue:
- Homay King, Lost in Translation: Orientalism, Cinema, and the Enigmatic Signifier.
Reviewed by Ana Salzberg, PhD.
- Magdalena J. Zaborowska, James Baldwin's Turkish Decade: Erotics of Exile.
Reviewed by Keith B. Mitchell, University of Massachussets at Lowell.
- J. J. Long, W. G. Sebald: Image, Archive, Modernity.
Reviewed by Margarete Johanna Landwehr, West Chester University.