BRYN MAWR REVIEW OF COMPARATIVE LITERATURE
Volume 7, Number 1 (Fall 2008)
The Politics of Language:
- Sam Weber, Benjamin's -abilities.
Reviewed by Carlo Salzani, University of Bonn.
- Lydia H. Liu, The Clash of Empires: The Invention of China in Modern World Making.
Reviewed by Jon Solomon, University of Minnesota.
- Daniel Heller-Roazen, Echolalias: On the Forgetting of Language; The Inner Touch: Archaeology of a Sensation.
Reviewed by Dorian Stuber, Hendrix College.
- Elaine Freedgood, The Ideas in Things: Fugitive Meaning in the Victorian Novel.
Reviewed by Daniel Nisa Cáceres, Universidad de Sevilla.
- Martin Seel, Aesthetics of Appearing.
Reviewed by Mario Wenning, University of Macau.
- R. Clifton Spargo, Vigilant Memory: Emmanuel Levinas, the Holocaust, and the Unjust Death.
Reviewed by Megan Craig, Stony Brook University.
- Martin Puchner, Poetry of the Revolution: Marx, Manifestos, and the Avant-Gardes.
Reviewed by Gregory Byala, Temple University.
- Rita Felski, ed., Rethinking Tragedy.
Reviewed by Verna A. Foster, Loyola University Chicago.