BRYN MAWR REVIEW OF COMPARATIVE LITERATURE
Volume 5, Number 2 (Winter 2006)
- Giorgio Agamben, The Open: Man and Animal.
Reviewed by Anat Pick, University of East London.
- Derek Attridge, The Singularity of Literature.
Reviewed by Krzystzof Ziarek, SUNY - Buffalo.
- Martin Jay, Songs of Experience: Modern American and European Variations on a Universal Theme.
Reviewed by Richard J. Bernstein, New School for Social Research.
- Teresa Brennan, The Transmission of Affect.
Reviewed by Dorian Stuber, Haverford College.
Modernism/Postmodernism -- East and West:
- Edward P. Comentale, Modernism, Cultural Production, and the British Avant-garde.
Reviewed by Jonathan Greenberg, Montclair State University.
- Maeda Ai, Text and the City: Essays on Japanese Modernity.
Reviewed by William O. Gardner, Swarthmore College.
- Rey Chow, ed. Modern Chinese Literary and Cultural Studies in the Age of Theory: Reimagining a Field.
Reviewed by Jason McGrath, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities.
Early German Romanticism:
- Manfred Frank, The Philosophical Foundations of Early German Romanticism.
Reviewed by Azade Seyhan, Bryn Mawr College.
- Frederick C. Beiser, The Romantic Imperative: The Concept of Early German Romanticism.
Reviewed by Marianne Tettlebaum, Haverford College.