Contact Us
Bryn Mawr College
101 N. Merion Ave.
Bryn Mawr. PA 19010-2899
Phone: 610-526-5000
Fax: 610-526-6525
20109-2011 Undergraduate Catalog

Student Advising

The deans are responsible for the general welfare of undergraduates. Students are free to call upon the deans for help and advice on both academic and general matters. After students select their majors at the end of their sophomore year, they are assigned a faculty adviser in the major who helps them plan their academic program for the junior and senior years. In addition to deans, students may consult the director of residential life, the director of international advising, the director of the Office for Intercultural Affairs, the director of financial aid, the director of career development and the coordinator of student activities. The Student Life Office staff and upperclass students known as hall advisers provide advice and assistance on questions concerning life in the residence halls. Health concerns and questions can be addressed by the College’s medical director, consulting psychiatrist and counselors through scheduled appointments at the Health Center. Students requiring urgent medical attention or personal assistance outside of regular campus office hours can call on Public Safety.