Application to the first-year class may be made through one of three plans: Regular Admission, Early Decision I or Early Decision II.
- For all three plans applicants follow the same procedures and are evaluated by the same criteria.
- Both the Early Decision I and Early Decision II plans are binding and are most beneficial for the candidate who has thoroughly investigated Bryn Mawr and has found the College to be her clear first choice. The Early Decision II plan differs only in recognizing that some candidates may arrive at a final choice of college later than others.
- An Early Decision candidate may not apply Early Decision to any other institution but may apply to another institution under a Regular Decision plan or a non-binding Early Action plan. If admitted to Bryn Mawr College under an Early Decision plan, the student is required to withdraw applications from all other colleges or universities.
- An early decision candidate must sign the Common Application Early Decision Agreement indicating that she understands the commitment required. The Early Decision Agreement may be found on the Common Application website.
- Early Decision candidates will receive one of three decisions: admit, defer to the regular applicant pool, or deny. If admitted to Bryn Mawr, the student is required to withdraw all other applications. If deferred to the regular pool, the student will be reconsidered along with the regular admission applicants and will receive notification in early April. If refused admission, the student may not apply again that year.
- The Regular Decision Plan allows candidates to keep open several college options. The Regular Admission Plan is designed for those candidates who wish to keep open several different options for their undergraduate education throughout the admission process.
Applications under this plan are accepted anytime before the January 15 deadline.
Timetables for the three plans are as follows:
- Fall Early Decision Closing date for applications and all supporting material: November 15
- Notification of candidates: by December 15
- Winter Early Decision Closing date for applications and all supporting materials: January 1
- Notification of candidates: by January 31
- Regular Admission Closing date for applications and all supporting materials: January 15
- Notification of candidates: by April 1