Students who have received home-schooling must submit the following additional information with the Application for Admission to Bryn Mawr College.
- Official transcripts from any high school(s) or postsecondary institution(s) attended.
- An academic portfolio that includes:
- A transcript of courses taken, either self-designed which includes reading lists and syllabi, or a formal document from a correspondence school or agency;
- Evaluations or grades received for each subject;
- A short research paper, preferably completed within the last year (including evaluator's comments);
- Two letters of reference from sources other than parents.
- An additional essay on the reasons for choosing home-schooling.
- An interview (on campus, via Skype, or by telephone) with a member of the admissions staff.
Please note that this information is in addition to those items already required of all applicants: The Common Application, The Bryn Mawr Supplement to The Common Application, official test results from The College Board or the ACT, Inc., two teacher recommendation letters and essays as outlined on The Common Application