Resources For Students
Student Activism Fund
Civic Engagement provides funding for students who wish to attend conferences, protests or rallies related to civic engagement in an effort to encourage student participation in the democratic process and active engagement in public policy. Students who wish to take advantage of this fund may apply to have their transportation or conference registration expenses subsidized up to a maximum of $20 per person, according to the following guidelines:
- The civic engagement opportunity must be open to any member of the College community who wishes to attend. Activities cannot restrict admission in any way.
- Students who are involved in civic engagement activities subsidized by this funding agree that they are doing so on their own and not as representatives of Bryn Mawr College.
- Students must sign a travel waiver form and return it to Civic Engagement PRIOR to attending the conference, protest or rally. Students who do not turn in a completed waiver form prior to the funded event will not be eligible for reimbursement.
- Civic Engagement is not responsible for arranging or providing transportation to or from conferences, protests or rallies. If students elect to rent a College van, the cost of the van will be divided among the students travelling in the van and will be subtracted from the allotted reimbursement amount for each student. A list of students travelling in the van must be submitted to Civic Engagement in advance of the trip.
- In order to receive reimbursement, students must complete a Reimbursement Request form and submit it along with any original receipts to Civic Engagement within 5 days of the event.
More details are available on the following forms:
Civic Engagement reserves the right to confer with the Dean of the College if the nature of the conference, rally or protest appears to conflict significantly with the values of the College. Bryn Mawr College does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
Any students who are organizing a trip to a civic engagement related conference, protest or rally are encouraged to contact Ellie Esmond at x6591 or eesmond@bmc in Civic Engagement for guidance in planning their event.