Easy Sample Problem
This sample problems requires application of only one concept. Test
yourself by following each step described below. Click on for a detailed
description of each step.
The Berliner Lecture Room (PSB 180) at Bryn Mawr College is
approximately 42.8 feet long by 26.3 feet wide by 11.6 feet tall.
What is the volume of this room?
- Read the problem twice. On the first pass, note
the general concepts needed to find the answer. On the second pass
note the details.
- Write down the information given in the problem.
- Find additional information.
- Set up the solution--check units.
- Check the answer--Does it make sense
Return to the problem solving tips page