Images
St. German Schoolhouse

 

The following section includes historic images and current photographs of the site.

 

Historic Images

1767 German School House built by
the Lutheran Congregation of Philadelphia.

Source: Plaque on exterior of building.

 

Painting of the original 1747 hexagonal wooden church.

Source: Old First Reformed Church.

 

Current Photos

2004

 

View of building from Orianna Street.
Currently occupied by Triune Chiropractic Company.

Source: Sarah Cleary & Kelly Wong

Click on image above to view changes of the brick masonry wall.

 

Mosaic plaque located in schoolhouse courtyard.

Source: Sarah Cleary & Kelly Wong

 

Current view of the Old Reformed German Church from Race Street.

Source: Sarah Cleary & Kelly Wong

 

Current view of the Old Reformed German Church from Race Street.

Source: Sarah Cleary & Kelly Wong

 

 

Contents

Home