List of Sources

Philadelphia Map Collection of the Free Library:

http://libwww.library.phila.gov/collections/collectionDetail.cfm?id=16

Hexamer and Locher Atlas, 1860, 1864

Jones & Co. Atlas, 1874

Bromley & Co. Atlas, 1885

Hexamer and Son Atlases, 1890, 1897, 1916

Smith Atlas, 1908, 1923

Sanborn Map Co. Map, 1958

Print and Picture Collection of the Free Library:

http://libwww.library.phila.gov/collections/

Castner Scrapbook collection, vol. 2 Philadelphia, p. 53

Philadelphia Historical Commission:

http://www.phila.gov/historical/

Grantor/Grantee Records: Plan 4S7 Lots 112-222, 265

Photograph Collection (5/22/1959)

Property use record from the Zoning Board of Adjustment (1981);
81-0712 32005 #18

Historical Society of Pennsylvania:

http://www.hsp.org/

1795 City of Philadelphia Directory

1860 City of Philadelphia Directory

1865 City of Philadelphia Directory

1890 City of Philadelphia Directory

1930 City of Philadelphia Directory

Philadelphia City Archives:

http://www.phila.gov/phils/carchive.htm

1865 Deed 431 South Fourth Street; Lots 16, 67, 80

1886 Deed 431 South Fourth Street; Lots 16, 67, 80

1887 Deed 431 South Fourth Street; Lots 16, 67, 80

1919 Deed 431 South Fourth Street; Lots 16, 67, 80

1937 Deed 431 South Fourth Street; Lots 16, 67, 80

1865 Deed 425 South Fourth Street

Philadelphia Architects and Buildings Website:

http://www.philadelphiabuildings.org/pab/

Philadelphia Real Estate Record and Builderĺ─˘s Guide,
v. 6, n. 19, p. 289 (5/13/1891)

Philadelphia Real Estate Record and Builderĺ─˘s Guide,
v. 36, n. 31, p. 489 (8/3/1921)

Philadelphia Department of Records:

http://www.phila.gov/records/

Property owner records database; #221 (7/1920)

Jewish Encyclopedia website: Hebrew Education Society of Philadelphia

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/view.jsp?artid=479&letter=H

Potential Sources of Information for Further Research

Pennsylvania Fire Insurance Co. Records Database

http://165.106.3.221:2180/FMPro?-db=FFIEXP&-lay=
single%20rec%3A%20color&-format=ffisearch.htm&-view

Record: PA FI6 6:3927, located at the Historic Society of Pennsylvania

Back to Main Page