E.Hexamer & Locher map from 1860 showing the Academy and the dormitory.

View of the Academy and College on the left, and dormitory on the right. Frank H. Taylor sketch, 1918, UPenn Archives

Sources:

http://www.archives.upenn.edu

Historical Commission of Philadelphia(60-76 4th Street)

The Charity School and the Acadademy were the first two buildings on the University of Pennsylvanias first campus. They were established before the University officially occupied the site and remained in use for years after the campus had been moved to its second location. The following outline highlights the significant years of the Universitys ownership beginning with the initial concept for developing the schools.