ST. JOHN AME CHURCH
The congregation moved three times before settling: Worship services in the first church began in 1876 at 72nd and Greenway Avenue which consisted of whitewashed logs (demolished ) , the second church was built on the same parcel of land in 1927 and worship began in the third and final church on 1966 at 7039 Greenway Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19142.
Cummings C, Frank, Dixon H. John, Wynn A. Henry, Scott-Singletons M. Thelma, and Green A. P. Patricia.
The First Episcopal Districtís Historical Review of 200 years of African Methodism. Greenlick & Ronald Weinman1987