CAMPBELL AME CHURCH
Campbell African Methodist Episcopal AME Church is located at 1667 Kinsey Street, Philadelphia, PA 19124, and was founded in the year 1807, the second AME church after Mother Bethel
It was in the home of Sarah Gongo along with her friends and many other devout Christians that the nucleus for Campbell AME church was born so that they might have there own vine on the tree. The church was built on property that had been occupied by a frame shop, which was razed for the new church edifice. During the one hundred and ninety-eight years since its founding, Campbell AME church, was rebuilt in 1818 and in 1870 to accommodate a growing congregation.
Today the church is still in operation with a fledgling congregation.
The neighborhood is interracially mixed.
Cummings C, Frank, Dixon H. John, Wynn A. Henry, Scott-Singletons M. Thelma,. and Green A. P. Patricia.
The First Episcopal Districtís Historical Review of 200 years of African Methodism. Greenlick & Ronald Weinman1987