MORRIS BROWN AME COLLEGE
Morris Brown was founded in 1881 and was named after the second Bishop of the AME CHURCH.
The congregation roots were started in a room over a store at Poplar and Vineyard Street. Later relocating to Ridge and Montgomery Avenue for appropriate space to conduct worship service. The congregation began to grow and moved to a hall on Montgomery Avenue.
It was under the pastorate of the late Revered W.R. Gillings that the church moved to 20th and Dauphin Streets and temporarily withdrew affiliation with the AME connection.
Several years latter Morris Brown returned to African Methodism.
In 1953 Morris Brown moved to its final location 25th
and Montgomery Avenue.
Cummings C, Frank, Dixon H. John, Wynn A. Henry, Scott-Singletons M. Thelma,. and Green A. P. Patricia.
The First Episcopal Districtís Historical Review of 200 years of African Methodism. Greenlick & Ronald Weinman1987