MT. TABOR AME CHURCH

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania;

Founded 1931

 

The organization was called Christ Delight Mission.  Although progress was slow Annie Dlison and her son acquired a garage located at 2222 West Master Street and suggested that a new name would be suitable for a new place, Mt. Tabor Methodist church

 The church later joined the connectional AME church and became MT. Tabor African Methodist Church.

 Source:

 Cummings C, Frank, Dixon H. John, Wynn A. Henry, Scott-Singletons M. Thelma, and Green A. P. Patricia. 

The First Episcopal Districtís Historical Review of 200 years of African Methodism. Greenlick & Ronald Weinman1987