MT. PISGAH AME CHURCH
Pisgah was organized by a group of elders in the home of Richard Berry at 4100 Ludlow Street in 1833. Land was later purchased to build a church at 40th and Ludlow Street. After fourteen years of worshipping at the 40th and Ludlow location the building was sold. The congregation moved to 41st and Spring Garden Street. After six months of occupying the church a great fire destroyed everything. In 1944 the church was rebuilt.
Cummings C, Frank, Dixon H. John, Wynn A. Henry, Scott-Singletons M. Thelma, and Green A. P. Patricia.
The First Episcopal Districtís Historical Review of 200 years of African Methodism. Greenlick & Ronald Weinman1987