RUFFIN NICHOLS AME CHURCH
Ruffin-Nichols AME Church was founded and named after Bishop Decatur Ward Nichols in 1950. The church was purchased in 1949 on the West side of Eleventh Street between Mount Vernon and Lemon Streets in Philadelphia.
The main sanctuary was constructed in 1884 and rebuilt in 1909. ( more research forthcoming)
Cummings C, Frank, Dixon H. John, Wynn A. Henry, Scott-Singletons M. Thelma, and Green A. P. Patricia.
The First Episcopal Districtís Historical Review of 200 years of African Methodism. Greenlick & Ronald Weinman1987