TYREE AME CHURCH
Tyree AME Church was founded in 1913 by former members of Mt. Pisgah AME Church who met with Reverend B. Lyons in the home of Robert Lightfoot to organize a new church. The church was named in honor of Bishop Tyree.
The members purchased a church located at 3832 Haverford Avenue. In 1941 the congregation moved to a condemned church located at 38th Hamilton Streets. Restrictions were lifted and renovations of the physical structure ensued.
Cummings C, Frank, Dixon H. John, Wynn A. Henry, Scott-Singletons M. Thelma, and Green A. P. Patricia.
The First Episcopal Districtís Historical Review of 200 years of African Methodism. Greenlick & Ronald Weinman1987