WARD AME CHURCH
Ward AME church was founded in 1891 by Isaac Scott, who was a local preacher. He began having Sunday school in the homes of Swales Scott and Rachel Whalen. As the congregation grew Sunday school became a mission (less than thirty people) joining the AME conference in 1894.
The first church site was as 46th and Fairmount Avenue and the relocated to the corner if 46th and Aspen Street in 1921. The congregation moved once more in 1950 to 728 North 43rd Street.
Cummings C, Frank, Dixon H. John, Wynn A. Henry, Scott-Singletons M. Thelma, and Green A. P. Patricia.
The First Episcopal Districtís Historical Review of 200 years of African Methodism. Greenlick & Ronald Weinman1987