Insurance Records & Ownership Data

Insurance records from Mutual Assurance and the Franklin Fire Insurance Company provide extensive, if occasionally illegible record of historic structures built in 18th and 19th Century Philadelphia. In addition, the Philadelphia Historical Commission's records for Almond / Kenilworth Street often contain record of ownership and miscellaneous notes. What follows below is an excerpt from several surveys and ownership records of Almond Street properties. Together, this information provides a view to the kinds of structures built and a sense of their age and history and can provide a starting point for further research.

Click on a property along the south side of Almond / Kenilworth Street to view detail.

DATA SOURCE: Mutual Assurance and Franklin Fire Insurance Company records for homes along Almond / Kenilworth Street.

104 Almond - 1739 Samuel Hall (bricklayer) lot

1754 Samuel Harding (carver for State House) d 1758
1776 Richard Tittermary (ropemaker then merchant)
1802 Phieas Eldredge (ship-master)
1813 Stephen Cassin – Navy Lt, then Captain