05-600, Project 2 :
Amila F., Pam J.:
· 19th c. housing in courts and alleys in Phila
· Shantytowns and Irish immigrants in the Phila cityscape
· mid-street markets in 19th c. Phila (ppt today)
· Boarding houses (and Penn students?) in the 19th c.
· "Briefs of Title: an Historical Context and Index."
Maria SD, Mandy D, and Alexis C.:
· 19th c. developer E. Burgess Warren
· African Americans in DC alley settings
Ellen CB, Jamie B.:
· Minority Presby churches in S. Phila
· AME churches in Phila.
· Delaware Riverfront at Bridesburg as it changed through time.
Christina B., Teresa SD
· Otto Wolf and 19th c. brewery architecture
· the Chinese Laundry in Philadelphia (wiki)
· late 19th c. Phila archtl journal, the Builder & Decorator
Jennie F G:
· late 19th builders' magazine at HSP, Journal of Progress
Adrian S., Patrice F.:
· Wendell & Smith at Overbrook Farms
Gabriella G., Lauren H.
· work of Boyd & Boyd
· the work of 1920s-30s architect, Ralph Bencker
· early 20th c. photo collection of G. Mark Wilson, at LCP
Charu C, Annie T.
· the work of post WWII architect, Frank Weise
Fon W., David A.
· work of 20th c. modernist architect Vincent Kling