Peirce House, 149 West Tulpehocken Street
An image of the Peirce House from 1899 "Handsome Homes," and a corresponding 1899 atlas image.
An 1899 atlas image of the Peirce House, showing the context of the area. This image is aligned to the north.
Similiar to the Wagner
House, the construction date of the Peirce House is unkown, but
predates 1871 as that is the first atlas which shows the Germantown
area, and contains the Peirce House. The PAB estimates construction of
this block at around 1860.
Harold Peirce is shown in the 1900 directory as being a general
agent of the New York Life Insurance Company. The building was later
known as the Seltzer Residence, as noted by the PAB, which lists
additions and alterations to the house in 1934-1935 by Edmund Beaman
The house still currently stands today. Below, it is shown on Google Street View, however, trees block much of the facade. The distinctive front bay windows of the house can just be made out, confirming that is it still there.