Residence of Hon. John F. Keator

West Walnut Lane


 


Left: “Handsome Homes”, Press of Germantown Independent-Gazette, 1899.


Right: Geo. W. & Walter S. Bromley, Civil Engineers, “Atlas of the City of Philadelphia”, Volume 7, 22nd Ward, Plate 4, 1899, G.W. Bromley and Co.





As the two maps from 1889 and 1899 show, the same lot changed the name of owner during the ten years. In the 1899 map, the lot appears a new house, which is possibly the residence on the image. According to Philadelphia Architects and Buildings, the architects of the residence are Hazlehurst & Huckel.



Google Maps and Street View





Residence. Architecture Through A Camera, Photographic Reproductions of Designs Executed by Hazlehurst & Huckel Architects, Volume II, 1896, p. 57





Bibliography:

Geo. W. & Walter S. Bromley, Civil Engineers, “Atlas of the City of Philadelphia”, Volume 7, 22nd Ward, Plate 4, 1899, G.W. Bromley and Co.

Handsome Homes”, Press of Germantown Independent-Gazette, 1899.

Residence. Architecture Through A Camera, Photographic Reproductions of Designs Executed by Hazlehurst & Huckel Architects, Volume II, 1896, p. 57