Residence of Conyers Button, 143 West Walnut Lane
Residence of Conyers Button in Atlas of the City of Philadelphia, 22nd Ward, Plate 11, 1899
Residence of Conyers Button with N at the top, Atlas of the City of Philadelphia, 22nd Ward, Plate 11, 1899
Residence of Conyers Button in Atlas of the Late Borough of Germantown, 22nd Ward, City of Philadelphia, Plate 6, 1871
Residence of Conyers Button in Atlas of the City of Philadelphia, Volume 7, 22nd Ward, Plate 11, 1889
April 27, 1890 - Between 1871 and 1889, Mr. Conyers Button completed heavy renovations to his lot. It was a common theme for him as an 1890 Philadelphia Inquirer article states repairs made to his home for his son.
August 24, 1890 -
March 6, 1882 - Conyers Button and his son are given plots of land through the will of John Button, father of Conyers Button.
The transferal of land to Conyers Button in the will of his father may explain the large plots of land Conyers Button ends up owning in the 1899. (Atlas of the City of Philadelphia, 22nd Ward, Plate 2, 1899)
January 15, 1885 - Conyers Button was chosen to be one of the directors of The National Bank of Germantown in this Philadelphia Inquirer article.
February 11, 1891 - Conyers Button is elected to the Board of Directors
of the Guarantee Trust Company. We also learn of his occupation as a
prominent manufacturer. From an 1888 Inquirer article, it is confirmed
Button was a manufacturer with Germantown Hosiery Mills.
The residence of Conyers Button eventually became The Green Tree School, a state approved private school serving up to 150 students with emtional disturbance who are between the ages of six and twenty-one. However, they have recently moved to 1196 E Washington Lane in Philadelphia.