Project 1: location histories
(based on J. E. Taylor's 1861 watercolors, D. W. C. Baxter's panoramas, 1857-80)
- 726 and 728 Market Street: The History of Place
- A Glimpse into the History of the 401 Block of Arch Street, Philadelphia
Anna B, Claire M.
- 814 & 816 Locust Street: Contextualizing Historic Images
- 103 Chestnut Street and Surrounding Environs: A Historic Tour
Jordan T., Jennifer W.
Project 2: research themes, tools
(topics selected by students)
- 19th Century Philadelphia Hotels:
Determining Class from Program and Location.
- The History of Place:
The Development of Suburban Homes Through Time.
- Exploring Row House Frontage Widths in Philadelphia:
Avenues of Approach.
- Mapping the Richards Collection:
Understanding the Collection Through the Image Locations.
- The Works of Architect George T. Pearson, 1882-1900.
- Tying Loose Threads:
The form of textile-related businesses on Chestnut Street in 19th-century Philadelphia.