422 Walnut
Jan. 1859
Note: Newspaper Clipping lower left dated [March 26_59.] reads: "On the south side of Walnut street, below Fifth, the old mansion, at one time one of the most fashionable boarding houses in the city, and lately used for offices, has been torn down, and a fine new building, with ornamental front, is now being erected on the site. Next week, Messrs. Bayard Robinson and John Craig will commence the erection, on Franklin street, east side, below Master, of eight three story dwellings, with three story back buildings and side yards, each lot having a front of 23 feet, the buildings to be of 18 feet front. These houses will cost $6000 each. On the opposite side of the street is a row, nearly similar, except they have no side yards."
See also Historical Society of Pennsylvania Evans Bb 862 Ev 15 #186.
LCP Accession # 8339.F.3