Professor & Graduate Adviser (on leave 2014/15)
PhD University of Toronto
Office: Thomas Hall 209
Late Antiquity, Early Christian Studies, contemporary theory
- 'The city of Augustine: on the interpretation of civitas', in Being Christian in Late Antiquity. A Festschrift for Gillian Clark ed. Carol Harrison, Caroline Humfress, and Bella Sandwell (Oxford, 2014), 139-55.
- 'Making Space for Violence', in Journal of Late Antiquity 6,2 (Fall 2013), 203-15.
- 'Quotquot haec legerint meminerint: All Who Read This Will Remember', in De Theoria: Early Modern Essays in Memory of Eugene Vance, ed. Denyse Delcourt and Steven Nichols: MLN Supplement 127:5 (2012), 823-33.
- ‘Reading the Confessions’, in The Blackwell Companion to Augustine, ed. M. Vessey (Oxford, 2012), 99-110.
- ‘Beyond Word and Image: Aural Patterning in Augustine’s Confessions’, in Envisioning Experience in Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages: Dynamic Patterns in Texts and Images, ed. G. De Nie and T. F. X. Noble (Farnham/ Burlington VT, 2012), 143-64.
- (with Paul B. Harvey, Jr.) Maxima Debetur Magistro Reverentia: Essays on Rome and the Roman Tradition in Honor of Russell T. Scott Biblioteca di Athenaeum (Como, 2009).