Professor, Director of the Graduate Group & Graduate Adviser
PhD University of Toronto
Office: Thomas Hall 240
Late Antiquity, Early Christian Studies, contemporary theory
- The Laughter of Sarah, forthcoming.
- The Irrational Augustine (Oxford 2006)
- ‘On reading the Confessions’, in The Blackwell Companion to Augustine, ed. M. Vessey (Oxford, 2012).
Word and Image: Aural Patterning in Augustine’s Confessions’, in Envisioning Experience in Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages, ed. T. F.
X. Noble and G. De Nie (Farnham, 2012).
- 'The city of Augustine: on the interpretation of civitas', in Being
Christian in Late Antiquity. A Festschrift for Gillian Clark ed. Carol
Harrison, Caroline Humfress, and Bella Sandwell (Oxford, forthcoming
- 'quotquot haec legerint meminerint: all who read this will
remember', for a special edition of Modern Language Notes commemorating
Eugene Vance, ed. Denyse Delcourt and Steven Nichols (forthcoming
- (with Paul B. Harvey, Jr.) Maxima Debetur Magistro
Reverentia: Essays on Rome and the Roman Tradition in Honor of Russell
T. Scott Biblioteca di Athenaeum (Como, 2009).