In order to access Financial Edge you will need to perform following procedures one time on each of your computers.
Note: if Financial Edge is already installed on the computer, you will need to unistall it first by going to Control Panel > Programs abd Features, then selecting "The Financial Edge (Production)" and clicking Uninstall.
A short install must be run to configure the connection. If you are on campus and have your S drive mapped, browse to S:\Public Shares\Blackbaud\Production Remote Installer\ and double-click on the FE7Shell.msi file in that folder.
If you are not on campus or are on campus with a personal machine that lacks drive mappings, the installer can be run by click here and choosing Open.
The installation does not require any input from you. After running the file, you will see the following window. It should complete after a minute or two.
Once the install finishes, you will have a new program group in the start menu called Financial Edge (Remote). If you'd like to have a shortcut on your desktop, you can right-click on the icon in the start menu, and choose Send To, then Desktop (create shortcut).
To access the system, select the icon from your start menu or double-click from your desktop.
If the following dialog box displays, select the checkbox "Don't ask me again for connections to this computer". Then click the Connect button.
Please note that the password you will use here is your College Password (same as your email password).
If the following dialog box displays, enter brynmawr\[username], where [username] is your user name, and your College Password (same as your email password). You can choose to have the system save your password by checking the box next to "Remember my credentials" but you'll have to remember to update the saved password if your password changes.
Important things to note:
- When signing out of the system, be sure that you close out by choosing the File drop-down menu, and then choosing Exit and Sign out. If you simply click the X to close Financial Edge and/or the terminal services window, your session will stay running in a disconnected state, and the next time you sign in (if it's within 15 minutes) you'll just get a gray screen with no Financial Edge window.
- When exporting data from Financial edge, you may receive an error referring to the Microsoft Jet Engine. To solve this problem, do the following:
- Choose the Tools drop-down menu.
- Click Options.
- Choose the File Locations tab. You will see three fields, Word Processing, Export/Import, and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Be sure that all 3 fields are blank, click Apply, verify that the fields are blank, and click OK.
- When saving files in Excel, you may receive an error that states "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer..." To solve this issue, be sure that you are saving files to your own drives. To do this, choose the My Computer icon on the left bar of the Save As dialog box. You will see a list of available drives, including "Local Disk (C:)," "CD Drive (D:)." These two drives will be unavailable to you. You will also see a number of other drives called " on ". For example, "C on BRYN-ABC123". These drives are YOUR drives, and each letter corresponds to what it is on your PC. The previous example is the hard drive on your PC. If it says "H on ", it is your home drive, and so forth. Save your files to one of these drives, in any location you choose.
Return to Administrative Information Systems Page