Library & Information Technology Services Help Desk
The Help Desk is a resource that provides support for computing issues and problems on the Bryn Mawr College campus.
Click here for Hours
Location: Canaday Library 1st Floor, to your right as you enter through the front door
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-526-7440 or Report a Problem
Contact the Help Desk if you:
- Are having trouble with any of your accounts
- Need access to files, BIONIC functions, or printers
- Cannot connect to the network or something on your computer isn't working properly
- Would like to know about options for sharing files, email, or calendars
- Need to purchase software or equipment
- Need service or advice about your personal computer or safe computing practices
- Think you have a virus or other computer problem
- Want to report a problem or place a request concerning a campus telephone
- Are having a computer problem in a campus lab or classroom
- Would like to borrow a laptop
- Have questions about software licensing or availability
- Have a computing need and don't know who to ask or where to begin
Information you may need:
- Your Name
- Your College username (the first part of your Bryn Mawr e-mail address)
- Your location (Building & Room Number)
- BMC Computer ID# XX-XXXX (usually a green sticker on the front of the CPU), or
- Computer Type and Model #
- A description of the problem
Please plan to spend at least several minutes on the phone or in person with the Help Desk staff. In order to assist you better, we will try to resolve your problem on-the-spot, and if this is not possible, to collect enough information for a field technician or system administrator to solve your problem as efficiently as possible.
If you would prefer, you may contact us via email or the Service Catalog.
- Password Resets are available during all hours of Help Desk operation for College passwords. Any community member can also reset his or her own password, find out more here.
- Password resets over the phone require personal information to be provided as proof of identity.
- Passwords to College systems cannot be provided via email.
- Purchasing system, science server, and other specialty-use passwords may not be able to be provided immediately.