Contact Us
Cartref Building - 2nd Floor
(610) 526-7870 FAX

Bryn Mawr College
Controller's Office
101 N. Merion Ave.
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010-2899

Requesting Duplicate Tax Forms/Suggested Record Retention


W2 Reprint Request

If you require a copy of a W2 form, you must put your request in writing to the Payroll Office by providing your name, address on original form, and the last 4 digits of your social security number. If the form is not to be sent to the original address, please provide a new mailing address. The W2 will be mailed within 2 weeks of the date of the request or you can request to pick it up.

We can reprint W2 forms for the current tax year only. You can obtain W2s for prior tax years by using IRS form 4506-T. The form can be obtained by calling 1.800.829.1040 or online at The request is free of charge and may take up to 30 days.

Record Retention

The IRS suggests that you retain your tax documents for a minimum of 3 years, but urges you keep your records for at least 6 years. W2s can be used to verify wage data sent to you by the Social Security Administration. That office suggests you retain your records until you retire and apply for social security benefits.

For more information on individual taxes, see IRS Publication 17, available online at (