Academic Year Funding
Conference Travel Awards
- Funding can be applied toward conference registration fees, travel, accommodation, and food expenses.
- Applicants must be presenting their own original scholarly research or faculty-mentored research at the conference.
- Travel award applications must be accompanied by a letter of support from the applicant's faculty mentor or research supervisor.
** Be sure to give your faculty letter writer at least 2-3 weeks advance notice.
- Applicants must submit a budget showing how the award will be spent. Awards cannot exceed $450.
- Students can apply for one travel award per academic year. There is no deadline to apply; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
1. Complete the the following form: On-line Application Form
2. Ask a TriCo faculty member to complete the following form: On-line Faculty Letter of Support
Tips for Creating a Budget
If requesting compensation for mileage, please use: IRS Standard Mileage Rate.
Below is a sample itemized budget. When submitting your budget, list your expense descriptions and their corresponding amounts. If unsure of the actual amount, please provide a researched estimate.
Total amount requested: $300
- Roundtrip Bolt Bus Tickets (Philly-NYC) - $30*
- NYC MetroCard (4 rides x $2.50) - $10
- Conference registration fee - $75
- Meals ($30 per day x 2 days) - $60**
- Hotel for one night - $125**
*Please take into consideration taking the most cost-effective form of
**For per diem meal and lodging rates, please consult the U.S.
General Services Administration Per Diem Rates page.