Designing an Independent Major Program
Application Materials and Deadlines
The application consists of
- your proposal, which should include the list of courses you plan to take. When providing this list, be sure to include the department name, catalog number, and course title of each course, i.e., HIST B215, Europe and the Other. You should also indicate if you took the course already (if so, which semester) or when you plan to take it.
- letters of support from two faculty advisers, which should be sent as attachments to email@example.com .
- a letter from your dean, which should be sent as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- your transcript, which the Dean’s Office will provide.
Your proposal and supporting letters must be submitted by the appropriate deadline:
- the end of the first week of classes in the spring of the sophomore year if you plan to study abroad during one or two semesters of your junior year;
- the end of the fourth week of classes in the spring of the sophomore year if you plan to remain at Bryn Mawr throughout your junior year;
- the end of the fourth week of classes in the fall of your junior year.
Submit your online proposal application to the Dean's Office here.
Back to Sophomore Planning Process