Welcome! The Diversity Council invites each member of the Bryn Mawr College community to join us in the work that is required to build and sustain a community supportive and encouraging of diversity. This site is another means of communication between the Diversity Council, the Diversity Leadership Group, and the Bryn Mawr College community. Whether your interests are related to race, ethnicity, country of origin, class, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or disabilities, we encourage you to contact us.
The purpose of the Diversity Council is to deepen the College's commitment to diversity through the following activities:
- Demonstrate the centrality of the College's commitment to diversity and social justice;
- Create and support educational programs and dialogue related to diversity and social justice;
- Provide support, resources and advice for diversity and social justice efforts across campus;
- Promote curricula and co-curricula that appropriately reflect diversity and social justice;
- Promote a diverse faculty and staff by assisting in developing and implementing effective recruitment and retention practices;
- Monitor and report annually on the diversity of the faculty, students, and staff and, through the chair, provide an annual "report card" to the DLG on the state of diversity on campus.
- Fund and award mini-grants that enhance diversity and social justice on campus through the Vickers Fund for Diversity and Social Change