View slideshow (opens in new window)
The newly renovated student-activities village at Roberts Road was completed in January 2004 and opened to the community in March 2004. The renovations, which entailed about $7 million worth of renovations and improvements, were made possible by a gift from Lois Collier, Class of 1950, and her husband, Reg.
The houses are home to student organizations on campus. They were built between 1895 and 1913 as faculty residences. Bryn Mawr chose to preserve its history and extend the life of these old houses through adaptive reuse. The renovation respected the historical character of the individual buildings as much as possible, while upgrading the facilities to meet code requirements and provide appropriate program spaces for the new users.