This institution endorses shared values that rely on humane, honest, accurate and objective principals for the responsible conduct of research. At the very least, responsible research is research that is built on a commitment to these and other important values that define what is meant by responsible conduct in research. Compromises to responsible conduct of research cannot be condoned. 

Federal policy requires that anyone doing research on a grant supported by federal funds must have appropriate training and oversight in RCR (Responsible Conduct of Research).  Bryn Mawr College has a designated human subjects committee (IRB – Institutional Research Board) and a designated animal research committee (IACUC – Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee).  The Chairs of these Committees are well trained in RCR and can advise Principal Investigators of the training requirements for any federal grant involving research.  These requirements extend to anyone working on such a grant, including but not limited to faculty, undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers participating in the proposed research project.


Bryn Mawr College already has in place other policies that speak to points within the RCR purview and which are applicable to federal funding.  Principal investigators must ensure that they are compliant with federal guidelines for training regarding grant activities on the topics listed below.   Bryn Mawr College’s position and/or policies on the listed topics can be found by clicking on the links.


·       Data Acquisition, Management Sharing and Ownership


·      Conflict of Interest and Commitment

Individuals doing non-human subjects and/or non-animal research should use the RCR modules found at  Training modules on all topics including human subjects and animal research are also available at no cost through .  Training in these areas is a required part of RCR and anyone working on a federal grant must do the appropriate RCR training and certification either through one of the College’s preferred programs or through classroom work.