Parents in a Pinch
The College now offers a program to faculty and staff that provides in-home backup childcare and adult care at a subsidized hourly rate. The care is provided in your home or in the home of the adult needing care.
Backup care is available during the day or evening, seven days a week. Services are provided by Parents in a Pinch, Inc., www.parentsinapinch.com.
Backup childcare can be used in situations such as
- During school vacations and holidays
- When your child is ill and cannot go to school or to childcare
- When you have to work late or on weekends
- When your childcare provider goes on vacation, is ill, or quits unexpectedly
- Anytime you have a gap in your regularly scheduled childcare arrangements and you need to work
FAQs, In-Home Backup Childcare
Screening of Childcare Providers
Tips for Working With a Temporary Caregiver
Nanny Check Service
Backup Adult Care
Backup adult care can be used in situations such as
- When a family member needs assistance with dressing, bathing and ambulation and the regular care provider is unavailable
- When a family member is waiting for an opening in an assisted living facility
- When a family member needs help getting to doctor’s appointments
- When a family member is recuperating at home from surgery
- When an elder family member is getting confused and needs a watchful eye
- Anytime when you have a gap in your family care arrangements
- When you need assistance due to an illness
FAQs, In-Home Backup Adult Care
More About Situations to Use Backup Adult Care
Care is available day or evening of any day, but you must call Parents in a Pinch during their business hours to arrange for care. Sometimes they can locate a caregiver in as little as an hour or two, but the more time you give them the more likely they can make a successful match.
Twenty-four hours is usually sufficient notice for child care. Please allow as
much notice a possible for adult care, which may require an assessment visit
prior to services.
- Call Parents in a Pinch at 800-688-4697 ext. 114
- Identify yourself as an employee of Bryn Mawr College and discuss your caregiver needs
- Parents in a Pinch will identify a caregiver who meets your needs and call you with this information
- The caregiver will call you to confirm the details
- Once the care is completed for the day, your credit card will be charged
- Hours to call:
Monday - Thursday 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
Friday 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Costs and Limitations
The College is subsidizing some of the cost of this service to offer you a more reasonable hourly rate.
- Cost: $9.00 per hour
- 4 hour minimum per day, so a $36 minium charge per day
- You may use a maximum of 20 days of backup care each calendar year
- You may not use more than two consecutive weeks at a time or use this benefit for ongoing care
You can call their toll-free number, 800-688-4697, for questions about the service as well as to arrange care.