ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, this position conducts and supports research in the areas of enrollment management, assessment of student learning, and strategic planning. The Assistant Director supervises the office operations in the absence of the Director, maintains the office's data warehouse, and coordinates regular reporting to a variety of internal and external constituencies.
* Strong and demonstrated skills in data management and in the analysis of large datasets.
* Minimum two years experience conducting quantitative research in an applied setting (e.g., institutional research, program evaluation, survey research, market research, etc.).
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in a natural or social science field.
* Three to five years experience and/or Master's degree or higher in a relevant field.
* Experience working with relational databases.
* Knowledge of survey research design and methods.
* Strong familiarity with SPSS, Microsoft Access, SQL, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Knowledge of trends in the higher education industry.
* Experience with web programming, developing web-based query tools.
* Oversee the maintenance of office Data Warehouse for institutional reporting.
* Refine research questions, construct datasets merging data from a variety of sources, determine appropriate statistical analysis of data, summarize research findings, and write reports in support of student affairs research, enrollment management, student outcomes, and other strategic planning initiatives.
* Support the office's role in working with faculty to develop and implement appropriate assessment tools.
* Oversee survey data collection and research efforts in support of student assessment and strategic planning.
* In addition to maintaining and developing the institutional factbook, work with the Director to develop web-based query tools and reports that to allow academic and administrative departments to extract relevant "official" data from the data warehouse for their operations.
* Coordinate reporting to external agencies (IPEDS, COFHE, HEDS, External guidebooks) and respond to internal requests for summary data.