POSITION TITLE: Assistant Director/Key Educational Stakeholders
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Performs a variety of professional activities to facilitate the recruitment, selection and yield of diverse and academically talented undergraduate and graduate students; serves as a member of admissions team supporting and/or coordinating one or more program areas to enhance recruitment efforts.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Associate Director of Admissions/Coordinator for Outreach
The Assistant Director/Key Educational Stakeholders with assistance from appropriate Admissions staff will develop and oversee implementation of strategies for enhancing relationships with high school counselors and other key external educational stakeholders. The position includes responsibility for a geographic recruitment market and other general admission counseling duties such as application review, admission presentations, and recruitment travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Associate Director for Outreach to develop, implement, evaluate, and continually refine a strategy for strengthening Bryn Mawr College’s relationships with key educational stakeholders, to include but not be limited to high school counselors, teachers, community-based organization leaders, and appropriate referral sources for Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research (GSSWSR) prospective students.
- Provide guidance and direction to admissions officers regarding outreach and individual communications to key educational stakeholders as a part of their territory management responsibilities.
- Develop and in collaboration with appropriate Admissions staff, ensure implementation of timely and informative communication sequence to key educational stakeholders so that they are well informed and up-to-date regarding Bryn Mawr policies, procedures, programs, and events.
- Manage a geographic territory for recruitment; recommend, plan, execute, and assess recruitment travel activities, including workshops, presentations, interview evenings, case studies, fairs, and high school visits.
- Maintain accurate records related to all programmatic area and territory management activities
- Analyze results and data, write summary reports, and recommend future actions
- Conduct on campus interviews and group information sessions with prospective undergraduate and graduate students.
- Answers admissions process inquiries from students, parents, counselors, and alumnae.
- Evaluate applications for admission and participate in committee selection processes
- In collaboration with the Campus Visit & Events Team, develop, plan, and implement on campus visit opportunities for key educational stakeholders.
- Provide 4-6 weeks of recruitment travel on an annual basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and project management skills
• High degree of comfort and experience with computer technology
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision
• Ability to speak before large groups or audiences
- Proven strong customer service orientation
- • Strong sense of teamwork and enthusiasm for working with college-bound students
• Ability to articulate the values and goals of a liberal arts education for women
• Willing to travel 4-6 weeks a year
• Willing and able to work evenings and weekends
• Valid driver’s license
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
• One-three years of admissions, higher or secondary education, or equivalent experience
- Experience with multicultural outreach a plus