POSITION OBJECTIVE: Assists in the management of the operation of a dining unit of the college’s board plan and catering; assumes responsibility for the Unit in the absence of the Manager.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Ability to:
-read and follow oral and written instructions
-compose business correspondence
-perform elementary accounting
* Must maintain current ServSafe certification.
* Superior interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of safety precautions related to food service equipment and food service sanitation.
* Must have:
-vision sufficient to read all job related materials
-excellent speaking and hearing ability
-good manual dexterity
-ability to be mobile between workstations and campus buildings
-ability to stand for long periods of time
-current driver’s license and ability to legally operate a motor vehicle
* Must be proficient in the use of personal computers with specific knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and email.
* Prior experience in Computrition or any other computerized food production/menu management system.
* 3-5 years supervisory experience.
* Management experience in an institutional environment and a BA or BS in a related field or any combination of experience, education or training which provides the necessary skill, ability and knowledge. Prior experience in college food service is a plus.