POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Administrative Assistant, Wyndham
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Performs a variety of receptionist, concierge and accounting duties at Wyndham Alumnae House
- Receptionist for Wyndham, responsible for representing the College in a professional manner; representing the college in this capacity including special attention to current and prospective parents, visiting alumnae, guest lecturers, and occasionally government dignitaries.
- Takes reservations for overnight rooms and for lunch in the Wyndham Restaurant.
- Seats guests in dining room when needed.
- Answers phones for Wyndham House and Catering.
- Handles overnight guests:
- checks overnight guests in at 2:00pm and out at 11:00am
- ensures special requests are met
- totals guests' bills, accepts payments
- responds to guests' inquires and complaints
- completes deposit sheets
- updates wait list and future room blocks
- Acts as luncheon cashier for Wyndham dining room:
- accepts payment, making proper change for customers
- settles cash drawer
- completes deposit sheets and walks to the Comptroller's office each day
- Works with student "desk" staff; ensures duties are completed, provides training and makes other employment recommendations to the Assistant Director.
- In charge of guest room keys, insures inventory of keys is maintained.
- Handles daily bookkeeping and accounting activities; all accounts receivable, receiving and processing.
- Assists management with catering calls, produces Event Orders in computerized reservation management system (EMS), and communicates events to the production unit(s).
- Responsible for assisting with accounts receivables for Catering, tracking, and reporting A/R to management.
- Ensures that all communication related to catering is relayed effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner to the appropriate Catering staff for successful execution of the service requested.
- Position may require various hours including nights and weekends.
- Assists with bi-weekly student and employee timecards.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or directed.
- Three years or more of receptionist experience in the hospitality industry with clerical office exposure or any combination of experience, education or training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- read and follow oral and written instructions
- compose business correspondence
- computer skills
- perform simple arithmetic functions
- perform elementary bookkeeping and accounting functions
- utilize an adding machine/calculator
- operate electronic cash register
- Previous cashier experience
- Superior interpersonal skills