POSITION TITLE: General Kitchen Worker/Baker
POSTION OBJECTIVE: Performs a variety of duties associated with the preparation and service of meals and special events within a specific dining hall. Assists in general cleaning of the dining hall.
* Prepares box / bulk meals, catering trays, bake desserts from mixes, deli line, garlic bread, sets up beverage station
* Bakes vegan desserts from scratch.
* Sets up and breaks down steam tables before and at the end of meals.
* Oversees front of house
* Serves meals to customers (students, faculty, staff and guests):
*Assists in food preparation for meals:
* Checks customers as they enter dining hall:
* Washes tables and cleans dining room as directed.
* Temperature logs
* Produce sheets
* Maintains cleanliness of reach in and ensures products are kept at 40 degrees or below
* Cleans kitchen equipment used
* Adheres to standards outlined by sanitation program (ServSafe), and local, state and federal guidelines
* Performs other job related duties as assigned or directed
* Works w/and assists in training of student staff to ensure proper setup and breakdown procedures are followed
* Sets up and maintains “front of house”
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Working knowledge of safety precautions associated with the food service industry.
* Prior experience in dining service preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to:
* Good manual dexterity.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
* Must have good sight.
* Must have good reading skills.
* Good hearing / speaking skills.
* Must be mobile between work stations and numerous campus buildings.
* Must be able to work in extreme temperatures.
* Must be able to bend over / lift up and down climbing stairs.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Prior cashier experience.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize dining service equipment such as slicer, deep fryer, grill, steamer.
* Must be available to work catered events and special functions.
* Is considered essential staff and must work during declared bad weather days.