POSITION TITILE: Help Desk Associate (12- 24-Month Appointment)
SUMMARY: Provide first and second level support to community members with information technology related questions in person, electronically, and by telephone. Provide second level support to Help Desk Student Technicians.
- Respond to faculty, student, and staff technology-related queries via telephone, email, remote access, and in-person.
- Stay abreast of technological trends related to the College environment.
- Use a ticketing system to capture, track, route, and document problems in an efficient and timely manner from initial report to resolution.
- Work closely with Support Services colleagues to track, research, document, and resolve problems and to assist in developing appropriate policies.
- Recommend individual and community wide educational needs.
- Assist in providing training and technical support to Help Desk Student Technicians.
- Assist in providing individual computer services, including general troubleshooting, virus inspection, and hardware installs, for community members’ personal computers.
- Assist in writing and maintaining documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and network connectivity problems.
- Provide education for campus technology, including mail, networking, and file sharing.
- Maintain current technical expertise in the College’s suite of supported software and hardware.
- May visit offices to provide point-of-service assistance when necessary.
- Coordinate with Help Desk professional staff to provide professional staff Help Desk coverage from 8am – 6pm, Monday – Friday.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate and interact successfully with a diverse community.
- Strong professional demeanor.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Curiosity and strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in teaching and customer service.
- Ability to develop and maintain relations with colleagues and community members.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Vision sufficient to interact with and diagnose technical devices.
- Dexterity sufficient to interact with technical equipment.
- Excellent hearing and speaking skills.
- Ability to regularly lift 30-40 lbs and circulate among campus buildings.
- Ability to speak, primarily on the phone, for significant periods of time.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and some experience in a help desk or other technical support role preferably within a college or university setting.