POSITION TITLE: Senior Associate Director of Major Gifts
This position reports to the Director of Major Gifts and Gift Planning. Responsible for the discovery, cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects, as well as management and mentorship of development officers.
- Implement and manage cultivation and solicitation of a select portfolio of individual prospects for significant support of the College, with a focus on undergraduate alumnae, alumni of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and the Graduate School of Social Work and Social Research, along with a mix of parents and friends. Emphasis on strategy development.
- Serve as a mentor and collaborator within the major gifts team
- Manage a discreet number of gift officers, with an emphasis on mentoring and best practices.
- Act as representative of Bryn Mawr College to articulate the mission, current developments and future plans to alumnae/i, parents and friends.
- Work in coordination with the Director of Major Gifts and Gift Planning, and the Director of Prospect Development, to identify potential new major gift prospects, and qualify as major gift prospects.
- Coordinate with administrators, deans, faculty and volunteers in the cultivation and solicitation process.
- Prepare proposals and presentations as appropriate and needed.
- Coordinate with the stewardship office in the design and implementation of individualized stewardship activities for assigned prospects.
- Other duties as appropriate.
SKILLS, ABILITY EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, with a graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development, with clearly demonstrated experience in major gift fundraising, preferably in an institution of higher education.
- Ability to work with a minimum of day-to-day supervision.
- Prior experience with management is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used gift planning strategies.
- Ability to work closely with administrators, faculty and volunteers.
- Comfortable with a team approach to fundraising.
- Understanding of and ability to articulate the mission and priorities of Bryn Mawr College.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically, including transportation by air, train and car. Driver’s license and willingness to drive are a requirement.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues facing higher education today