Position Title: Senior Associate Director of Major Gifts
Position Objective: Bryn Mawr College, a small, selective liberal arts college for women located just outside Philadelphia, seeks a Senior Associate Director of Major Gifts to join its development team. This position offers a unique opportunity for an experienced and dynamic fundraiser to mentor and train a major gifts team, building a robust program in a comprehensive campaign environment. The new Senior Associate Director will play a prominent role within the Development Office working to create a pipeline of major gift prospects and strategically align the needs of Bryn Mawr College with the interests and resources of donors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of talented fundraisers with a diverse set of skills and levels of experience, serving as a mentor, collaborator, and trainer, with an emphasis on best practices and development strategy.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit an active major- and principal-level portfolio of prospects that includes graduate and undergraduate alumnae/i, as well as friends and parents.
- Report to, and work in collaboration with the Director of Major Gifts and Gift Planning to structure and grow the major gift program.
- Coordinate with the Director to create programming, proposals and presentations that engage and motivate major gift donors for a comprehensive fundraising campaign.
- Collaborate with other senior development colleagues and high-level College personnel through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Act as advocate and ambassador of Bryn Mawr College, articulating and supporting its mission, priorities, current developments, and future plans.
- Travel for prospect visits and other development-related events, including some evenings and weekends.
- Other duties as appropriate.
- A bachelor’s degree, with a graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in development, with a proven record of securing multiple gifts of six-figures or more, preferably in an institution of higher education.
- Advanced knowledge of development strategies, and at least a basic knowledge of commonly used gift planning strategies.
- Comfort with a team approach to fundraising, and an ability to work collegially with people of all ages and backgrounds, including administrators, faculty and volunteers.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- An awareness and understanding of the issues facing higher education today.
- Prior management experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with a minimum of day-to-day supervision is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically is required, including transportation by air, train and car; driver’s license and willingness to drive are required; ability and willingness to climb stairs is required.
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com. Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Bryn Mawr College, one of the "Seven Sisters," is a distinctive and highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia. Every year 1,300 undergraduate women and 400 graduate students from around the world gather on the College's historic campus to study with leading scholars, conduct advanced research, and expand the boundaries of what's possible. Bryn Mawr teaches and values critical, creative and independent habits of thought and expression in an undergraduate liberal arts curriculum for women and in coeducational graduate programs in arts and sciences and social work and social research. For more information about the College, visit www.brynmawr.edu.