1134 Waverly (formerly Ohio St.)
Ernest Hexamer and William Locher. Maps of the City of Philadelphia.
|1134 Waverly St.||Courtyard between 1134 and 1136 Waverly St.|
|Photographs taken May 8, 2003|
Fire Insurance Survey
|Survey made Nov. 6th 1832 and reported to the
Franklin Fire Insurance Company of Philadelphia
For Andrew McBride
Four two & a half Story Brick Dwelling Houses, with a Stable in front on Ohio Street situate on the east side of a small court running south from Ohio Street about 60 feet east of Twelfth Street & between Pine and Lombard Streets in the City of Philadelphia.
Dimensions; The dwelling houses about 59 front, the two houses next to Lombard Street are 15 feet 6 inches deep & the other 16 feet 6 inches, all finished alike; 2-6 light 8 by 10 windows front in the cellars; The 1st Stories have a door frame front, plain facie, wood sills and single worked 5/4 pannel doors, 20 light 8 by 10 windows, side closet, wood mantel, common poole mouldings, washboard, square framed pannel doors, white pine floor, story 7 feet 10 inches high in the clear, wood porches & step at front doors.
The 2nd Stories have 2-12 light 8 by 10 windows front, finished as 1st Stories & Story 7 feet high in the clear.
The upper stories have 2-9 light 8 by 10 windows front, wide white pine floor boards, plain mouldings & washboard, story 5 feet 6 inches high front & white pine shingles, back and barge boards, plain brick eave, tin gutters & conductors, trap door & step ladder, posts and railing for drying clothes, Three flights of plain common winding stairs in each house 2 feet 9 going of white pine boards, scantling window frames, single worked pannel shutters to 1st Story windows, house all lathed and plastered.
The Stable is the same height as the other buildings, roof the same & is finished with it & as it, joist on a line with the others in each Story, rough floor of boards in 2nd & upper Story & of plank in 1st Story, a door in front in each Story, ledge doors, 1 window on the west side 1st Story, [illegible] shutters to it & 2 in each of the other stories, pannel shutters to them, [all?] old window frames; the east side is rough weatherboarded, Stable 15 feet 6 inches deep by 15 feet 8 inches front.
D.H. Flickwin, Surveyor
April 12th, 1836 The Stable in front has been converted into a dwelling
House and finished in the same manner as the houses in the rear.
Dec. 13, [83?] The within named dwellings now have tin roofs.
|Sept. 20, 87 a doorway has been opened in the first story between 1134 Ohio St. and the [illegible] in the rear.|
Copy from the Philadelphia Historical Commission