Welchs National Circus- Front Elevation, 1851

A frontal view of Welchs National Circus, southeast corner of Ninth & Chestnut Sts. Originally Cooks Circus. Opened August 28, 1837 - Was altered into a theatre by William E. Burton on August 31, 1840. It was burnt down on July 5, 1854. (image date=1851)

Location: Historical Society of Pennsylvania

call number: /862EV15/.004

updated by BMC august 02, 2000