Pennsylvania Hall- General View, 1837

A view of Pennsylvania Hall, on the southwest corner of Sixth & Haines Sts., 1837. It was constructed to provide a building where abolitionist and other controversial meetings could take place. It was dedicated on May 14, 1838, and was burned to the ground 3 days later.

Location: Historical Society of Pennsylvania

call number: /862EV15/.023
updated by BMC July 17, 2000